The Head Preparator is part of a six member Curatorial team. Working closely with the Curators and Registrars, the Head Preparator plays a key leadership role in managing all aspects of preparing for installation and de-installation of artwork in the Museum galleries, both temporary and permanent. The Head Preparator also strategically plans for, and maintains, the Museum galleries and outdoor sculptures, both within the Hunter campus and off site.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Museum experience (3-5 years), 1-2 years minimum in a leadership role supervising other preparators
· Photography and Technical drawing
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills; flexibility
· Skilled in exhibition layout and three dimensional design
· High skill levels with carpentry and all types of power tools
· Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
· Project management; ability to adapt to shifting deadlines and make effective decisions
· Basic computer skills
· Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment, including digital projectors, media players, etc.
· Ability to creatively problem solve construction and display issues
· Exposure to vapors, fumes, dirt, noise, mechanical and electrical hazards associated with woodworking
· Occasionally subject to adverse weather conditions when installing exhibits outdoors
· Use of lifts, scaffolds and ladders
· Frequent walking
· Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
To apply, submit an application, cover letter, and CV at https://huntermuseum.applicantpro.com/jobs/528170.html
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts