Organization: Taubman Museum of Art
Posting Date: September 29, 2017
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Primary Category: Curatorial
Type of Position: Full-Time
Deputy Director of Exhibitions and Collections
The Deputy Director of Exhibitions provides creative leadership and implements the Taubman Museum of Art year-round schedule of exhibitions. This includes creation/curation of exhibitions and related materials, long range planning of the exhibition schedule, contracting for exhibitions, direction of the curatorial and gallery management staff. This position also maintains oversight of exhibiting artists and adjunct curators as well as oversight of a traveling exhibition program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Keeps abreast of developments in art, nationally and internationally, through research, networking, and attending exhibitions.
· Excellent knowledge of contemporary, historical, and popular art and culture
· Proven experience of curating and delivering exhibitions and publications.
· Good professional contacts and relationships with artists, writers and collectors nationally and internationally
· Leadership skills and management experience
· The ability to work within a fast-moving environment and to deliver within restricted time, space and financial resources
· Ability to work with a diverse range of people
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule
· May require occasional travel and a valid Virginia driver’s license
· Further details provided in official job description
Training, Education and Experience:
Position requires a 4-year college or university degree with major course work in art history, fine art, museum studies or arts management, or a related field and a Masters of Art in Museum Studies or a related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in exhibition design and management.
If qualified and interested in this position contact Cheri Warren at the Taubman Museum of Art email@example.com or view further details at http://www.taubmanmuseum.org.
Please provide cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples, and salary requirements to be considered for the position.
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts