Director, Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia a
The Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast GA provides meaningful learning opportunities for SNCA’s visitors. Through a diverse portfolio of interpretive exhibits, engaging public programs, and special events, we expand each guest’s understanding of and appreciation for the traditional craft of folk pottery in Northeast Georgia.
The staff manages interpretive operations at the Museum and provides hands-on activities for special groups and supports a variety of unique guest experiences. This program facility is 10,000 sq ft and includes staffing of 15 dedicated volunteers and 3 part-time employees. The museum is located on an 8.5-acre campus five minutes from Helen Georgia in Sautee, GA.
Duties and responsibilities
* Represent the museum and the story of folk pottery in northeast Georgia in the public arena, and serve as principal contact with the curator, folk potters, and the regional craft community.
* Manage the staff and educational programs at the Museum to ensure high-quality learning opportunities in a safe and friendly environment.
* Focus on the Group Tour/Convention Market for all program areas. Encourage packaging of tours introducing visitors to the museum as the anchor attraction along with visual arts, performing arts and cultural programs.
* Lead volunteers, and all front-line staff, to maximize hospitality and effectiveness.
* Direct the evaluation of existing programs, ongoing interpretive planning, new exhibit and program development, and other special projects.
* Develop and implement new/refreshed interpretive strategies and policies, for the group tour, student and convention markets.
* Oversee all elements of personnel management related to volunteers and staff. Create a positive work environment, encourage morale, and provide staff with the tools necessary to succeed. Direct recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, disciplining, and effective evaluation of performance.
* Oversee the collection, engage donors, and develop the annual changing exhibit.
* Manage museum resources, develop and monitor the budget, and promote efficiency.
* Participate in SNCA staff and board meetings.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience required
* Excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required
* Must be detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure
* Must be able to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team
To Apply y
Please send a cover letter, resume and contact emails for three references to:
Executive Director, SNCA
Sautee, GA 30571
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts