Job Title: Marketing and Sales Manager
Summary of Position: The Andrew Low House Museum in Savannah, GA, is seeking an energetic and experienced Marketing and Sales Manager. This position will oversee marketing and sales for the organization as well as management of the Museum’s small gift shop. The Marketing and Sales Manager executes and integrates traditional and digital media strategies to drive the Museum’s visitation numbers, audience growth, cultivate visitor loyalty, and enhance the Museum’s reputation. Working with the Executive Director, this position creates the Andrew Low House Museum’s attendance, sales, and audience development goals. The Marketing and Sales Manager achieves these goals through the execution of marketing campaigns and outreach utilizing new and conventional engagement methods including digital media (social media platforms, website, email marketing), traditional earned media efforts (print and broadcast), and direct mail. The position is also responsible for operation of the Museum’s small gift shop. Reports to the Executive Director. The position supervises three part-time employees. Full-time position, exempt. Paid time off. Salary range and benefits available upon request.
For full consideration please provide a cover letter, resume, three references, and a two-page writing sample. Applicants should apply by May 7th, 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· B.A. degree in marketing, communications, or related field and at least 3+ years of professional experience; or equivalent professional experience of 6+ years of full-time professional work in a communication or sales and marketing related field.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage key functions of marketing, sales, and publicity. Ability to cultivate and maintain media contacts and develop and implement public relations and marketing strategies with the goal of driving attendance to the museum and to programs and events.
· Professional-level writing, editing, and proofreading skills required. Knowledge of and familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style, AP style, and the convention of print production and web publishing.
· Ability to use written and visual storytelling to create unique and engaging media content.
· Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, written and verbal (via phone, in-person and email). Professional integrity and ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion.
· High level of proficiency with MS Office, Adobe, Excel, and web editing software.
· Digital savvy professional with ability to manage a variety of platforms and applications related to social media and digital marketing.
· Knowledge of Point of Sales Systems and proficiency in using POS systems.
· Photography and videography skills strongly preferred, including ability to edit.
· Ability to work well and collaborate effectively with a wide range of constituencies (public, staff, board members, members, funders, and sponsors).
· Service-oriented attitude with excellent relationship management skills. Courteous, personable, and flexible.
· Comfortable in both leadership and team-player alternating roles as the situation requires.
· Experience in a not-for-profit or cultural institution is preferred.
· Capability to manage multiple projects under tight and sometimes competing deadlines with flexibility to quickly shift gears when needed.
· Create and implement effective marketing, publicity, and sales strategy for the Museum and produce broad-based awareness and engagement for local and regional audiences. Responsible for setting and guiding all marketing and public relations efforts, including owned, earned, paid, and digital media.
· Working with the Executive Director, develops an efficient marketing plan for increasing the Museum’s visibility regionally and nationally.
· Serves as the Museum’s primary liaison with all news media including local, and regional outlets. Cultivates relationships with key media professionals. Secures local and regional media coverage of the museum and its public programs and related initiatives.
· Writes press releases, marketing materials, fact sheets, talking points, and other forms of media outreach content.
· Builds and maintains a complete and up to date mailing list of media outlets, key individuals, and organizations that are kept information of Museum news, initiatives, and programs.
· Work closely with the Education and Programs Manager to develop media content and storylines for use in marketing and social media campaigns.
· Develop, manage, and execute group sales initiatives and campaigns.
· Works closely with tourism and hospitality partners to promote the museum as a cultural destination.
· Responsible for all operations of the museum shop including maintaining inventory in the POS system, merchandising, researching and ordering products, restocking, shipping of phone orders and hiring, training, and scheduling shop employees.
· Run and distribute reports weekly and monthly to Bookkeeper.
· Work with tour companies and other vendors to ensure proper billing.
· Other job duties as assigned.
· Occasional work on nights or weekends required.
· Occasional travel required.
Physical Job Requirements:
While performing this job, the employee will be required to sit, bend, stand, and work, and to lift up to 35 lbs. occasionally. The employee will also perform close work with a computer monitor and perform repetitive hand movements. Employee must be able to use verbal and written communication in a highly skilled and effective manner.
About the Museum:
The Andrew Low House, constructed in 1848, is one of the gems of the National Historic Landmark District in Savannah. The house and garden, the lives of its famous owners, and its unrivaled decorative arts collection has garnered the historians around the country.
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts