The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art is dedicated to preserving, presenting and interpreting its collection of over 1,500 works by many of the major figures of mid-20th Century modernism including Alberto Giacometti, Joan Miro, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns, Le Corbusier, Jean Tinguely, Niki de Saint Phalle, Barbara Hepworth, Henry Moore, Alfred Manessier, Gustave Singier, and Pierre Soulages among others. The collection was built over 70 years by the Bechtler family in Zurich and Charlotte, NC and was recently given to the city of Charlotte.
The museum building was designed by Swiss architect Mario Botta and opened to the public January 2010. The Bechtler is an autonomous 501 (c) 3 and received full accreditation from the American Alliance of Museums in June 2014. The museum will be celebrating its tenth anniversary during the year 2020.
The museum presents a wide array of public programs including Jazz at the Bechtler, Music and Museum (chamber music), Modernism and Film, Bechtler by Night, Family Days, various lectures and panel discussions plus a robust platform of community outreach in Title 1 schools, the jail system, for individuals with low-to-no vision, individuals with dementia and their care partners, physicians and other healthcare professionals, among others.
Candidate should have at least seven years of experience in successful leadership roles in the discipline including oversight of brand management, social media, graphic design, general media, public relations, and website development. Cultural non-profit background preferred but not required. B.A or B.S. Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field of study. M.A. preferred. Must be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced context and a close, collaborative working environment. The Vice President will oversee a department of two additional full-time positions and various third-party service providers. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite essential.
· Develop and direct institutional communications and marketing strategy in collaboration with other senior staff across departments.
· Deepen museum relationships with local, regional and national media outlets.
· Oversee all social media efforts and determine appropriate quantitative and qualitative assessment methods.
· Oversee all internal and external design of publications, marketing and communications instruments both electronic and in print.
· Serve as spokesperson for the museum as needed.
· Advise President and CEO, trustees and senior staff on the public relations implications of organizational policy and program decisions.
· Other duties as assigned.
E-mail cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com (with “VP Marketing/Communications” in the subject line).
Position will remain open until filled but letters of interest/applications are due by March 31, 2019.
No phone calls please. The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts