Museum/Historical Society Executive Director
Soar in a rare opportunity to take a well-endowed historical museum to the next level that’s located in a growing, supportive community – complete with zombies and other movie folk – so chockful of antebellum structures it’s been known as the City of Homes for over a century. The Newnan-Coweta Historical Society is seeking an executive director who also serves as director of the McRitchie Hollis Museum. The last director was hired away by a bigger museum just as the board became poised to revitalize the exhibits and expand the collection.
The director will oversee the staff and operations of the society, museum, collections and offsite exhibitions in the society’s historic train depot, which also serves as an event venue to provide a steady income stream.
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or Ph.D. degree preferred. Formal training in history, historic preservation, American Studies, museum studies, or non-profit management a strong plus
· Four to six years of relevant experience, including business planning, fundraising, budgeting, staffing, and programming
· Experience in the non-profit sector in a leadership role, preferably at a museum
· Demonstrated success raising funds from diverse funding streams
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable with a dynamic and collaborative workplace
· Proven leadership and management of professional staff and volunteers, ability to collaborate and inspire diverse groups of people
· Excellent problem solving, team building, and conflict-management skills required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Strong network of professional regional and national contacts strongly preferred.
· Provide the MHM and NCHS with strategic, collaborative, visionary leadership
· Work together with the board, staff, and volunteers to develop and implement the organization’s strategic vision
· Oversee the management of the museum and its programs, including education, collections, finance, and its buildings and property
· Lead fundraising efforts by working closely with the board, staff, and volunteers to increase contributed and earned income
· Coordinate educational programming, interpretation, and exhibits in Newnan and Coweta County to continually improve the visitor’s experience
· Serve as MHM’s and NCHS’s spokesperson and represent the museum locally, regionally, nationally and internationally reaching out to as many new constituencies as possible
· Direct the development of public relations and marketing initiatives
· Manage, mentor, and lead the staff and volunteers
To apply, email Walter Jones, chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South eastern museum share this article it has the all details on it that was good to read among the all parts that was useful. I have to make the all reports so I took buy dissertation it was among the all discussions that have the all aspire the details on it.
Getting benefit of such conferences can help me to learn from the experts for creating networking in a better sense. This is amazing.
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts