The Delta Flight Museum seeks to hire a Director – Exhibits & Public Programs.
The Director will be responsible for transforming and sharing the Museum’s collections and exhibition assets in formats that engage and educate our audiences about the past, present and future of aviation. The Director will report to the Executive Director but work collaboratively with all Museum staff, partners and vendors.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, creative communicator able to develop and execute audience engagement initiatives and connected, personalized museum experiences. This self-motivated individual has excellent project management skills and the ability to build strong relationships with both corporate and nonprofit partners.
The qualified individual has least five years’ experience in the museum field or with a marketing/communications background, including project management, exhibitions and programming.
• Develop partnerships with stakeholders of the Museum, including donors and sponsors, aviation employees, education providers and subject matter experts
• Develop onsite and virtual educational content, including tours, curriculum, activities and programs for individuals, group and school visitors
• Develop strategic exhibition concepts and storylines to support programs and diverse audience engagement
• Lead the design, fabrication and installation of exhibits
• Create ongoing, original content for social media posts and website
• Prepare annual budgets for exhibitions and public programming
• Research and apply for potential grants and awards Requirements:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• 5 years of exhibit, programming, and/or communications experience
• Demonstrated communications skills and experience
• Strong project leadership skills
• Ability to work well with a small staff
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Bachelor’s Degree in History, Museum Studies, Design, Communications or related fields
$32-35/hour depending on experience
• 40 hours/week, with the ability to work from home 1-2 days/week
The Delta Flight Museum is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose goal is to collect, preserve, and present the history of Delta Air Lines in ways that educate and engage. It serves Delta employees, retirees, and families, Delta friends, local community, nonprofit organizations, and academic researchers.
Located in Delta’s World Headquarters in Atlanta, the Museum is housed in Delta’s two 1940s aircraft hangars. On display are historic aircraft and permanent and seasonal exhibitions. For additional information about the Museum, please visit www.deltamuseum.org.
This position is through AllSource PPS, an AgileOne company, and does not come with Delta Air Lines flight benefits. As part of employment on the campus of Delta Air Lines, all new hire employees must be able to prove COVID-19 vaccination.
How to Apply
• Email resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Resumes will be accepted until position is filled
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 814• 2047Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts