Job Title Museum Services Coordinator
Job ID 23153
Location Regional History Center
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Return to Previous Page Switch to Internal View
At Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a “Top 100 Family Friendly Company,” facilitating a healthy work-life balance.
The Orange County Regional History Center, housed in a historic courthouse in downtown Orlando, offers four floors of exhibits exploring 12,000 years of Central Florida’s rich heritage. A Smithsonian affiliate, the museum also presents visiting exhibitions and a wide range of programs for all ages. From documenting defining moments in our history, including the Pulse nightclub tragedy, to bearing witness to everyday life, the museum plays an invaluable role by serving as Central Florida’s storyteller for generations to come.
The Regional History Center is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Museum Services Coordinator. This position plays a key role as part of the History Center Education team and is responsible for overseeing Children and Family programming.
• Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of the History Center’s children and family programming, both onsite and offsite.
• Assists in training programming staff and volunteers.
• Responsible for oversight of the programming budget.
• Responsible for the content of all related promotional materials for programs and assists with their design and distribution.
• Oversees and schedules program bookings and assists with all other educational bookings.
• Works with the Curator of Education to establish children and family programs and priorities.
• Researches and applies for applicable educational programming grants.
• Serves on various committees in order to develop positive relationships within the community.
• Participates in all education team planning and program development activities.
• Assists in other areas and performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in History, Humanities, Museum Studies, Education or other closely related field and one year of experience in program management, development or coordination; or an Associate’s Degree and three years of progressively responsible museum experience; or an equivalent combination of closely related education and experience.
• Two years of K-12 curriculum development, program management or coordination experience.
• Teaching experience in a formal or informal setting.
• Experience presenting to large groups.
• Excellent customer service skills
Hours of work: 40
Hours/Days of work: 8:00am to 5:00pm / Monday - Friday with occasional nights and weekends
The selected applicant must submit to a background investigation that includes but is not limited to fingerprinting and polygraph examination. Any background screening cost is the responsibility of the selected applicant and favorable results must be obtained for employment.
Posting Date: 02/04/2019
Closing Date: 02/18/2019
$35,664 - $41,194 / Annually Based on qualification
Orange County Regional History Center 65 E. Central Blvd. Orlando, FL 32801
Please apply online at: https://mycareers.ocfl.net
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts