Director of Advancement
The Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC), founded in 1920, is the oldest community-based preservation organization in America. In striving to honor and sustain the architectural and cultural heritage of the South Carolina Lowcountry, the PSC serves as a strong advocacy leader for citizens concerned about preserving Charleston’s distinctive character, quality of life, and diverse neighborhoods. The Society is located in Charleston, SC, and is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that relies on private philanthropy, membership revenue, and grants to fulfill its mission.
The Director of Advancement (DA) maintains strategic and operational responsibility for the planning, execution, and evaluation of all advancement programs with an emphasis on private fundraising. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Director of Advancement establishes mutually agreed upon annual goals, develops plans to meet those goals, and manages the necessary and appropriate activity to ensure that those goals are met so as to support and extend the mission of the Preservation Society.
1. With the Executive Director develop and execute a comprehensive fund-raising and advancement strategy in support of the mission.
2. Plan, implement, and evaluate initiatives for member and donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in partnership with the Executive Director.
3. Establish key fundraising processes and communications for the Society.
7. Actively build strong relationships across all segments of the community and the membership with particular focus on potential and current individual donors and contributors.
8. Working with the Director of Advocacy & Communications, manage organizational brand and messaging through a comprehensive media and marketing strategy.
9. Identify new sources of income including but not limited to grants and business sponsorships.
10. Develops solid measurements of success and utilizes development based software systems to enhance overall efforts.
Skills and Experience:
1. Five to seven years of demonstrated success working with all elements of fundraising: major gifts, direct campaigns, grant-writing; familiarity with online marketing tools, including social media, web-based giving, and donor relations.
2. Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, Communications, Community Development, Planning, the liberal arts), or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and experience.
4. Interest in preservation, community planning, urban design, and/or conservation issues.
5. Proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
6. Advanced project-management and client-management skills. Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
7. Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
8. Proficiency in the use of advancement-related computer software.
This position will be required to work out of the PSC office in Charleston, SC. All qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email to Jessica Cutler, Director of Operations, at email@example.com by January 26, 2018. No telephone calls, please.
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts