Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (AMFA)
The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (AMFA), located in Little Rock, AR, seeks a Membership Manager to advance the institution during a transformative era that includes the construction of a new state-of-the-art facility, scheduled to open in 2022.
Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility will include landscaped grounds, by the firm SCAPE, and will secure the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts position as one of the top cultural institutions in the region. The new building includes expanded galleries, a new Art School, restaurant, Museum Store, theater, lecture hall, and other programming and event spaces.
Reporting to the Director of Membership and Guest Experience, the Membership Manager is responsible for growing and retaining the core membership base with the AMFA. The Membership Manager will fulfill benefits and stewardship for the membership base including affinity groups. This position will work will all internal museum departments to further the mission and support of the AMFA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Create compelling and strategic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for core membership levels (under $1,000) for renewals and acquisitions through multi-channel campaigns.
· Maintains communication messaging and frequency to members.
· Responsible for writing membership renewal letters, acquisition letters, and newsletters to the membership base. Strong writing skills is a must for the position.
· Generates revenue to support the AMFA’s budget through dues obtained by membership renewals and acquisitions.
· Creates innovative programming, enticing benefits, and special incentives to grow participation and membership base by reaching new audiences.
· Generates reports for membership renewal rates, on-site conversions, dropped member campaigns, and other solicitations to create informed decisions on how to grow the core membership.
· Works with the AMFA staff to build a deep knowledge of programming, benefits, and objectives to create a captivating case for membership support.
· Establishes a welcoming, inclusive, and fun environment for new and existing members through programming, correspondence, and engagement.
· Is the voice for membership internally ensuring members needs and benefits are considered for programming, communication, exhibitions, and other events associated with the AMFA.
· Timely and compassionately address any member’s concerns or questions about membership and/or the AMFA.
· Promotes membership and the AMFA throughout the community, state, and region.
· Other related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
· Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
· A confident and captivating public speaker, comfortable addressing crowds of any size and from all backgrounds
· A commitment to AMFA’s mission and diversity, equity, and inclusion
· A creative problem solver who eagerly approaches problems from multiple angles
· Ability to be a collaborative and flexible partner who keeps the best interest of the AMFA top of mind while respecting multiple points of views and opinions
· A curious learner who stays up to date with museums trends and best practices that engage guests and members
· Self-motivated with high energy and record of success
· Exceptional customer service and attention to detail
· Tessitura or donor database experience preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest and a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 550746 • Atlanta, GA 30355-3246Office: 404 • 378 • 3153Fax: 404 • 814 • 2031EMAIL Southeastern Museums Conference
Southeastern Museums Conference is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved Site by Parsons Marketing Concepts