SEMC offers educational and professional development opportunities. Keep your skills sharpened, discuss new ideas, and meet fellow museum professionals at our Annual Conference. Advance your career through our Professional Development, Mentor, and Scholarship programs. Recognize institutional and individual achievement through our Exhibition and Publication Design competitions, as well as our Annual Awards Program.
SEMC programs and services include:
- Annual Conference held one of the first three weeks in October.
- The Jekyll Island Management Institute (JIMI) held annually in January.
- Annual Conference and JIMI scholarships.
- Awards programs recognizing excellence in Southeastern museums and museum professionals.
- Mentor Program, Annual Meeting Career Center.
- The Southeastern Reciprocal Membership Program (SERM) is a reciprocal admission program for SEMC Institutional Members.
Our Council, staff, and volunteers work to increase educational and professional development opportunities. SEMC is now looking for museum professionals to serve on its expert bureau.