Mission, Vision, Plans, & Budget
The Southeastern Museums Conference is a networking organization that serves to foster professionalism, mutual support, and communication. A non-profit membership association, SEMC strives to increase educational and professional development opportunities and improve the interchange of ideas, information, and cooperation.
VisionThe vision of SEMC is to be essential to its members and the broader museum community.
In planning for the future, SEMC should:
- Develop new initiatives within the larger context of the profession and not commit organization resources to unnecessary programs and activities.
- Be fiscally responsible in all its work.
- Be responsive to the needs of its various audiences (Annual Meeting participants, the larger membership, and the field) and how much they are willing to commit in terms of time and money.
- Encourage diversity and foster mutual respect and collegiality in all its programs and activities.
- Not rely solely on quantitative measures (e.g., number of participants or costs) in assessing an initiative but recognize that value or impact may be perceived and evaluated in different ways.
SEMC should look both outward at its relationship with its members and the larger profession and inward at its structure and resources. The following goals are organized to address those two perspectives.
For a complete copy of the Long Range Plan click here
The budget presented is for the FY12.
|Contributions & Grants
|Registration & Tuition
|Facilities & Insurance
|Professional Services & Staff
|Mail & Delivery